Nootropics have become in demand due to the increasing need of people to improve memory, focus, and mental clarity.
If you are interested in knowing the best way to eliminate brain fog and improve mental performance, you may have an idea of what the best nootropics do to target these.
Nootropics or “smart pills” can potentially improve focus, memory, and overall brain function to help with age-related cognitive decline, anxiety, and loss of motivation.
With the increasing number of memory-enhancing drugs in the market, you may find it hard to weed out ineffective nootropics and smart drugs to discover the most effective brain supplement to boost your brain.
To know the most effective natural nootropic stack that is worth the price, continue reading this in-depth review.
The 6 Best Nootropics Stacks (Natural)
Listed below are the best nootropic stacks and over the counter stimulants that you can find anywhere without required prescriptions.
1. Mind Lab Pro
If you’re looking for the top over-the-counter nootropic, then Mind Lab Pro is worth considering.
As an all-in-one natural nootropic stack, Mind Lab Pro will give you the cognitive boost you need as well as an intense focus for 6-8 hours straight. It is also one of the nootropics for weight loss that promotes focus and a stress-resistant diet success mindset.
Mind Lab Pro’s heightened cognitive output is thanks to the 11 nootropic ingredients that do brain boosting wonders. Some of its ingredients are Bacopa Monnieri that fights age-related cognitive decline; Rhodiola Rosea, which optimizes work capacity; and L-Theanine that helps produce alpha waves for alertness.
More than the expected memory retention effects of a genius pill, Mind Lab Pro also gets your creative juices pumping to help you come up with new ideas. It's great for increasing your creativity.
Moreover, Mind Lab Pro also has no stimulants making it safer to consume and prevent the brain-fog-induced crash.
2. Performance Lab Mind
If you want a simple yet potent nootropic without a long list of ingredients, then Performance Lab Mind fits the bill.
This is said to be one of the purest nootropics as it only contains 4 ingredients.
- Cognizine which is CDP Choline shown to improve mental energy
- Sharp PS Green that helps with brain cell formulation
- L-Tyrosine, which eliminates brain fog
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract that fights age-related decline
According to users, they experienced 5-7+ hours of smooth focus and improved mood upon taking Performance Lab Mind. Besides, this brain booster pill also helps with brain recovery to avoid burnout and speed up recovery.
Since it is gluten-free, soy-free, GMO-free, and has a shortlist of ingredients, Mind can be used for stacking with other nootropics, safe from other dietary restrictions.
If the cost is your deciding factor, then Noocube is safe for your pocket.
Noocube is one of the best nootropics for memory recall that is safe for daily use. It blends seven effective nootropic ingredients to improve cognitive function throughout the day.
- Alpha GPC (Choline)
- Bacopa Monnieri
- Cat’s Claw
- Huperzine A
- Oat Straw
With the ingredients mentioned above, Noocube is an unparalleled remedy for Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
It is good to note that Noocube improves cognitive performance and heightens focus without caffeine to give you jitters. No known side effects were also noted, but this still depends on the users.
So if you want to improve short-term memory and achieve peak mental performance without spending a fortune, you can get a safe nootropic that will last 8-10 hours with Noocube.
4. Hunter Focus
If you are looking for the best smart drug for focus and productivity, the Hunter Focus may be one of the top choices.
This nootropic enhances blood flow and helps brain cells receive more oxygen and nutrients to get your mind function at its peak for better memory, focus, and mood.
The source of its cognition-enhancing prowess is the nine natural ingredients that target these three areas:
- Memory function gets its natural stimulants from Lion’s Mane Mushroom, Maritime Pine Bark Extract, and Bacopa Monnieri.
- Concentration is achieved thanks to Citicoline and amino acids like N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, and L-Theanine.
- The mood is improved through Ashwagandha, Passion Flower, and Phosphatidylserine.
These ingredients are backed by evidence from clinical studies. With Hunter Focus, you can get all-natural ingredients that are free from soy and gluten. It is also safe to consume as it has no notable side effects like headaches and stomach upsets that you typically get from other nootropics.
Hunter Focus is one of the most effective nootropics for older adults and professionals as it speeds up mental processing and improves executive brain functions to help in problem-solving.
5. Brain Pill
Are you a student or a worker with a tight schedule who needs a boost in brain activity for studying? If yes, then BrainPill may be the top nootropic to achieve mental clarity.
Just like their motto, “Your Unfair Advantage,” BrainPill will give you a competitive edge to improve brain function and increase energy levels. This will help you stay productive and focused without feeling burnt out in stressful situations. Besides improving brain health, Brain Pill also aids in regeneration and increases learning capacity and recall ability.
Brain Pill owes its cognitive synergy effect to the 13 ingredients. Citicoline, Tyrosine, PS, the B vitamins (Vitamin B12, B5, B6), and L-Theanine provide heightened focus and energy. In contrast, while the others are Bacopa Monnieri, Huperzine A, Ginkgo Biloba, Vinpocetine, Vitamin B9, and DHA Complex improve mental memory speed.
May it be for short-term or long term effects, BrainPill can get you the benefits you need. However, if you want a nootropic that could give you a quick boost of energy, BrainPill may not be the right choice as it was designed to help you surpass mental challenges under stressful situations.
6. Qualia Mind
Are you looking for a powerful over-the-counter nootropic with impressive cognitive benefits? Qualia Mind is what you need.
With 28 ingredients to get the most profound results for your cognitive function, Qualia Mind is indeed comprehensive with various benefits like improved memory recall, laser-like focus, and improved memory recall - may it be long-term or short-term memory. This includes Alpha GPC, L-Theanine, B-complex vitamins, and Rhodiola Rosea, among others.
However, the issue with this nootropic is the price. Qualia Mind costs $139 for a 30-servings bottle, which is way more expensive than other nootropics online.
If you are willing to spend a fortune exchanging for an unwavering focus and peak productivity, then Qualia Mind is worth considering. If not, then there are other smart drugs of similar benefits that will surely fit your taste… and your pocket.
The 4 Best Nootropic Compounds (Synthetic)
If your doctor prescribes them to you...
Modafinil is probably the most potent prescription compound on the market. This is often used to promote alertness to treat narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea.
Modafinil enhances cognitive performance similar to other nootropic supplements, but without the adverse effects. However, it is still associated with common problems like headaches and nausea.
It is a well-known drug with wakefulness promoting effects. It offers powerful benefits like overall improved cognition, increased drive and energy levels, enhanced memory recall and retention, and hyperfocus that will last for 12-15+ hours.
If you’re looking for motivation pills, Modafinil can be your friend as it also improves your mood and sense of well-being that may help you in task enjoyment.
Adderall is an amphetamine-based drug used for ADHD and Narcolepsy patients. It is one of the top nootropics as it is highly-stimulating by speeding up certain neurotransmitters to modify the nervous system’s function. College students use Adderall to gain focus despite having no medical prescription. Take note that you must still choose legal nootropics and avoid resorting to nootropics prescribed to you.
Since it is used in the medical context, it is well-tolerated, and its medical potential outweighs the side effects. However, there are rare cases where Adderall can cause severe effects like delusions and aggressive behavior. Using this nootropic for recreation could also lead to heart attacks, especially when consumed with alcohol.
Developed in Russia, Noopept is a synthetic nootropic that is a potent psychoactive. Due to this, ongoing research is being conducted to tackle its potential effects in people with traumatic brain injury.
Although it claims to fight cognitive decline due to its protective effects, it has not yet been proven in scientific studies on healthy people.
Noopept’s availability depends on the jurisdiction. In Russia, you can gain access without any prescription, while in the United States, the supplement is not available for over-the-counter purchases.
Piracetam is a nootropic sold as a dietary supplement in the US and a prescription drug for treating myoclonus or jerking spasms in the UK. While it is sold as a medicine in Europe, it is not prescribed for nootropic purposes.
Aside from myoclonus, it is used to treat other health conditions like depression, seizures, and dementia. This is due to its modification of the neurotransmitter function, thereby slowing down the nervous system. It's also known for helping with social anxiety.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Cognitive Enhancers
If you’re still having a hard time choosing the best nootropic, here are some things you need to consider:
- Ingredients - To get the optimal cognitive performance, you must check the ingredients that will most likely give you the greatest benefits. Look for nootropics whose ingredients are supported by clinical evidence.
- Stimulants - One of the best stimulants you can easily access is caffeine, which gives you focus and brain energy to jumpstart your day. Caffeine and L-Theanine are often combined to achieve focus during demanding tasks. However, these often make people jittery, and experience crashes afterward. To avoid this, you must choose the highest-quality nootropics that will give you sustained energy without crashing.
- Product Guarantee - Since you will never know which nootropic suits your body’s chemistry without trying it out, it is important to check products with a money-back guarantee. This allows you to try out the smart pill that works for you without worrying about the cost.
- Price - The cognitive-enhancing benefits are not enough if the price is too high. Do note that low-priced-nootropics may give you the least benefits, while those on the high-range may not automatically guarantee top-tier effects. Considering this, you must know the right combination of a good price and a good nootropic.
What Are Nootropics And How Do They Work?
Before we dig into how these super drugs work, let’s first define nootropic. Nootropics are neuroenhancers that support brain health, cognitive function, enhance mental alertness, and sometimes even decrease anxiety.
Nootropics can be classified into broad categories: natural or synthetic.
- Natural nootropics. This type of nootropic consists of all-natural and herbal ingredients proven to improve mental performance while enhancing overall brain health. This includes the amino acid, herbs, B vitamins (i.e., Vitamin B12), and plant extracts that have been studied to improve cognition. Examples are Ginkgo Biloba, Rhodiola Rosea, and Lion’s mane mushroom.
- Synthetic smart drugs. These nootropics are lab-created compounds that have most powerful nootropic effects on mental skills. Compared to natural brain enhancers, these supplements are primarily used by doctors to treat mental health conditions.
Nootropics enhance six pathways of our brain:
- Brain Energy - enhances the metabolic activity of mitochondria and increases cerebral uptake of oxygen and nutrients.
- Brain Chemicals - optimizes neurotransmitters by promoting synthesis and enhancing receptor sensitivity.
- Cerebral Blood Flow - supports cerebral circulation to increase the delivery of nutrients to the brain.
- Brain Waves - optimizes Alpha brain waves to promote alertness.
- Neuroprotection - clears neutropics and protects the brain cells from the negative effects of stress.
- Brain Regeneration - supports neuroregeneration by maintaining brain cell membrane plasticity.
Side Effects Of Taking Nootropics
Despite their safe cognition-boosting benefits, nootropic supplements also pose some risks.
While some side effects are mild, you must still be aware of the risks, even those of high-quality smart drugs.
Since we have different body chemistry, these nootropic supplements may have different interactions with our bodies.
Some of the common side effects are:
- Stomach aches
Be mindful of your nootropics consumption, especially if you have a pre-existing medical condition or are taking other medications that may cause unexpected interactions in your body. It is important to consult your doctor first. If you're new to this whole topic, read our nootropics for beginners guide first!
So, what is the best nootropic supplement on the market?
The list of brain enhancing supplements above is just a few of the growing numbers of nootropics in the market. Despite knowing the better smart drugs among the rest, note that research on nootropics is still young and thus, do not provide extensive conclusions on its efficacy.
If you want to look for the best nootropic supplements that work for you, then you can use this review as a guide, but not as an ultimate deciding factor.
Moreover, this nootropics review doesn't provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment for your health condition. Before deciding on taking these nootropic supplements, seek first the advice of your physician.