Nootropics have become in demand due to the increasing need of people to improve memory, focus, and mental clarity.
If you are interested in knowing the best way to eliminate brain fog and improve mental performance, you may have an idea of what the best nootropics do to target these.
Nootropics or "smart pills" can potentially improve focus, memory, and overall brain function to help with age-related cognitive decline, anxiety, and loss of motivation
With the increasing number of drugs claiming to increase mental performance, you may find it hard to weed out weak nootropics and smart drugs to discover the most effective brain supplement to boost your brain.
To know the most effective natural nootropic stacks that are worth the price, continue reading this in-depth review.
The 6 Best Nootropics Stacks (Natural)
Nootropics are a classification of substances that have various effects on cognitive functioning and confer a host of other benefits. The name derives from the Greek word "nous," meaning mind, and "trepein," meaning to bend or turn.
The best nootropics, possible nootropic stacks, and over-the-counter stimulants you can find anywhere without required prescriptions are listed below.
1. Mind Lab Pro
If you're looking for the top over-the-counter nootropic supplement, then Mind Lab Pro is worth considering.
As an all-in-one natural nootropic stack, Mind Lab Pro will give you the cognitive boost you need as well as an intense focus for 6-8 hours straight. It is also a nootropic supplement for weight loss that promotes focus and a stress-resistant diet success mindset.
focus and a stress-resistant diet success mindset.
Mind Lab Pro's heightened cognitive function output is thanks to the 11 nootropic supplements ingredients that do brain boosting wonders. Some of its ingredients are Bacopa Monnieri that fights age-related cognitive decline, and antioxidant Rhodiola Rosea, which optimizes work capacity. It also has L-Theanine that helps produce alpha waves for alertness.
More than the expected memory retention effects of a genius pill, Mind Lab Pro also gets your creative juices pumping to help you come up with new ideas. It's great for increasing your creativity.
Moreover, Mind Lab Pro also has no stimulants making it safer to consume and preventing brain-fog-induced crashes.
Benefits of Mind Lab Pro
- Supercharges physical, mental, and emotional energy levels
- Reduces stress, anxiety, and depression
- Improves mood and reduces irritability
- Enhance memory, focus, and brain health
Side Effects of Mind Lab Pro
No reported side effects or adverse reactions are associated with any of the 11 active ingredients in this potent blend. People with different body types may experience varying results, but there are no significant side effects of taking Mind Lab Pro at recommended doses.
How Much is Mind Lab Pro?
The recommended dosage for Mind Lab Pro is one capsule per day. If you buy a bottle (60 capsules) from NootropicsDepot, it will cost $49.99. Each pill costs about $0.80 when purchased in bulk (100g). You may choose to take 1-2 capsules per day depending on your tolerance to nootropics and the severity of your memory problems or cognitive impairment.
2. Performance Lab Mind
If you want a simple yet potent nootropic supplement without a long list of ingredients, then Performance Lab Mind fits the bill.
This is said to be one of the purest nootropics as it only contains four ingredients.
- Cognizine, which is CDP Choline, shown to improve mental performance
- Sharp P.S. Green that helps with brain cell formulation
- L-Tyrosine, which eliminates brain fog
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract that fights age-related decline
According to users, they experienced 5-7+ hours of smooth focus and improved mood upon taking Performance Lab Mind. Besides, this brain booster pill also helps with brain recovery to avoid burnout and speed up recovery.
Since it is gluten-free, soy-free, GMO-free, and has a shortlist of ingredients, Mind can be used as a nootropic stack, safe from other dietary restrictions.
Benefits of Performance Lab Mind
- Enhances memory function, learning capacity, and recall
- Increases mental energy levels to keep you alert throughout the day
- Improves focus so you can pay attention to the task at hand without being distracted
- Reduces symptoms associated with anxiety and depression
Side Effects of Performance Lab Mind
No serious side effects have been reported with this brain supplement. However, some users have expressed concern about it causing increased shakiness or shivering sensations in the arms, which are usually harmless but may subside after taking this product for several days. There are also no known side effects caused by any of the 11 ingredients in this product.
How Much is Performance Lab Mind?
Each bottle of Performance Lab Mind contains 30 capsules and costs $39.95 from the manufacturer's website. Users are advised to take a single capsule per day with water.
If the cost is your deciding factor, then Noocube is safe for your pocket.
Noocube is one of the best nootropics for memory recall that is safe for daily use. It blends seven effective nootropic ingredients to improve cognitive function throughout the day.
- Alpha GPC (Choline)
- Bacopa Monnieri
- Cat's Claw
- Huperzine A
- L Theanine
- Oat Straw
With the ingredients like Bacopa Monnieri, Noocube is an unparalleled remedy for Alzheimer's and Dementia. It is considered a complete nootropic stack.
It is good to note that Noocube improves cognitive performance and heightens focus without caffeine to give you jitters. No known side effects were also reported, but this still depends on the users.
So if you want to improve short-term memory and achieve peak brain function performance without spending a fortune, you can get a safe nootropic that will last 8-10 hours with Noocube.
Benefits of NooCube
- Enhances memory and cognitive function
- Improves mental clarity and focus throughout the day
- Boosts overall brain health for greater durability over time
Side Effects of NooCube
There are no known side effects associated with this product though many users assess that they feel shakiness or teeth chattering sensations after taking it.
How Much Is NooCube?
This product costs $49.95 per bottle, and each one provides a 30 day supply when taken at the suggested dosage of one capsule per day. If you buy in bulk (3 bottles), it will cost $129.85, which can be further discounted if you choose to take advantage of any discounts and offers available online.
4. Hunter Focus
If you are looking for the best smart drug for focus and productivity, the Hunter Focus may be one of the top choices.
This nootropic enhances blood flow and helps brain cells receive more oxygen and nutrients to get your mind function at its peak for better memory, focus, and mood.
The source of its cognition-enhancing prowess is the nine natural ingredients that target these three areas:
- Memory function gets its natural stimulants from Lion's Mane Mushroom, Maritime Pine Bark Extract, and Bacopa Monnieri.
- Concentration is achieved thanks to Citicoline and amino acids like N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, and L-Theanine.
- The mood is improved through Ashwagandha, Passion Flower, and Phosphatidylserine.
These ingredients, already a nootropic stack, are backed by evidence from clinical studies. With Hunter Focus, you can get all-natural ingredients that are free from soy and gluten. It is also safe to consume as it has no notable side effects like headaches and stomach upsets that you typically get from other nootropics.
Hunter Focus is one of the most effective nootropics for older adults and professionals as it speeds up mental processing and improves executive brain functions to help in problem-solving.
Benefits of Hunter Focus
- Enhances memory function and recall
- Improves attention span, focus, mental clarity, and accuracy in problem-solving
- Reduces symptoms associated with anxiety, depression, and mood swings
Side Effects of Hunter Focus
There are no significant side effects associated with this product though many users feel jittery when they take it for the first time, which goes away after several days or weeks.
How Much Is Hunter Focus?
One bottle of Hunter Focus is priced at $49.95 and is available for purchase on the manufacturer's website, where you can also choose to buy in bulk (3 bottles) which costs $149.85. Shipping is offered free of charge within the States though there is a minimum order fee of $6 if you decide not to do this. You can check out our full review of hunter focus information here.
5. Brain Pill
Are you a student or a worker with a tight schedule who needs a boost in brain activity for studying? If yes, then BrainPill may be the top nootropic to achieve mental clarity.
Just like their motto, "Your Unfair Advantage," BrainPill will give you a competitive edge to improve brain function and increase energy levels. This will help you stay productive and focused without feeling burnt out in stressful situations. Besides improving brain health, Brain Pill also aids in regeneration and increases learning capacity and recall ability.
Brain Pill owes its cognitive synergy effect to the 13 ingredients. Citicoline, Tyrosine, P.S., the B vitamins (Vitamin B12, B5, B6), and L-Theanine provide heightened focus and energy. In contrast, while the others are Bacopa Monnieri, Huperzine A, Ginkgo Biloba, Vinpocetine, Vitamin B9, and DHA Complex, improve mental memory speed.
May it is for short-term or long-term effectiveness, BrainPill can get you the benefits you need. However, if you want a nootropic that could give you a quick energy boost, BrainPill may not be the right choice as it was designed to help you surpass mental fatigue challenges under stressful situations.
Benefits of Brain Pill
- Enhances memory recall and retention abilities
- Boosts the ability to focus on the task at hand without distractions
- Improves learning capacity, reduces symptoms of anxiety or depression
- Reduces brain fog caused by lack of sleep, stress, or poor diet
Side Effects of Brain Pill
There are no known side effects associated with this product though some users feel shakiness in their arms after taking it. Many people who experience these initial side effects find that they go away after several days or weeks of regular use.
How Much Is Brain Pill?
This product costs $48.00 per bottle, and each one provides a 30 day supply when taken at the suggested dosage of 1 – 2 capsules daily. You can choose to purchase in bulk (2 bottles) for a discounted rate of $89 which will provide you with a 60 day supply.
6. Qualia Mind
Are you looking for a powerful over-the-counter nootropic with impressive cognitive benefits? Qualia Mind is what you need.
With 28 ingredients to get the most profound results for your cognitive function, Qualia Mind is indeed comprehensive with various benefits like improved memory recall, laser-like focus, and improved memory recall - may it be long-term or short-term memory. These substances are Alpha GPC, Ginkgo Biloba, Bacopa Monnieri, L-Theanine, B-complex vitamins, and Rhodiola Rosea.
However, the issue with this nootropic is the price. Qualia Mind costs $139 for a 30-servings bottle, which is way more expensive than other nootropics online.
Qualia Mind is worth considering if you are willing to spend a fortune exchanging for unwavering focus and peak productivity. If not, then there are other best nootropics or smart drugs in the world of similar benefits that will surely fit your taste… and your pocket.
Benefits of Qualia Mind
- Increases memory recall and retention ability
- Improves mental clarity, focus, and attention span
- Enhances the ability to stay on task for extended periods without distractions or getting sidetracked
- Boosts overall cognitive function, prevents neurodegeneration caused by free radicals
Side Effects of Qualia Mind
There are no known side effects associated with this product. However, some users have expressed concern regarding a jaw clenching sensation they feel after taking it. Some people also report teeth-chattering/shakiness in their arms though both these side effects go away within several days or weeks.
How Much Is Qualia Mind?
One bottle of Qualia Mind (60 capsules) is priced at $139.00, and each serving size provides 20mg of L-theanine, 400mg of Bacopa Monnieri leaf extract, 50mg Alpha GPC choline source, and 5mg of Vinpocetine. There are also bulk options available for this product where you can choose to purchase (2 bottles) for $278, which will provide you with a 120 day supply, or (4 bottles) which costs $556 and lasts you 240 days. Shipping is free within the U.S., while international orders come with a flat shipping fee depending on your location.
The 4 Best Nootropic Compounds (Synthetic)
If your doctor prescribes them to you...
Modafinil is probably the most potent prescription compound on the market. This is often used to promote alertness to treat narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea.
Modafinil enhances cognitive performance similar to other nootropic supplements but without adverse effects. However, it is still associated with common problems like headaches and nausea.
It is a well-known drug with wakefulness-promoting effects. It offers powerful benefits like improved cognition, increased drive and energy levels, enhanced memory recall and retention, and hyperfocus that will last for 12-15+ hours.
If you're looking for motivation pills, Modafinil can be your friend as it also improves your mood and sense of well-being that may help you in task enjoyment.
Benefits of Modafinil
- Improves learning and memory by expanding the capabilities of the working memory
- Increases creativity and enhances the general problem-solving ability
- Enhances motivation and drive to achieve goals and finish tasks
- Facilitates mental endurance and improved attention span (focuses on a single task for long periods without becoming bored or distracted)
Side Effects of Modafinil
The side effects of this drug include mild headaches, nausea, low blood pressure, anxiety, nervousness, elevated heart rate/blood pressure, loss of appetite (which may lead to weight loss), drowsiness (only at high doses), insomnia (only at high doses). There is also some evidence that it can cause depression in long-term users who stop taking it.
How Much is Modafinil?
The recommended dosage for Modafinil is 200mg, and it can be purchased in capsule form from online retailers. One pill of Modalert (200mg) costs $0.87 from Nootropics Depot, making each pill cost about $0.43. If you buy the bulk powder instead, 100g costs $106 from the same retailer.
Adderall is an amphetamine-based drug used for ADHD and Narcolepsy patients. It is one of the top nootropics as it is highly stimulating by speeding up certain neurotransmitters to modify the nervous system's function. College students use Adderall to gain focus despite having no medical prescription. Take note that you must still choose legal nootropics and avoid resorting to nootropics prescribed to you.
Since it is used in the medical context, it is well-tolerated, and its medical potential outweighs the side effects. However, there are rare cases where Adderall can cause severe effects like delusions and aggressive behavior. Using this nootropic for recreation could also lead to heart attacks, especially when consumed with alcohol.
Benefits of Adderal
- Increases energy levels and focus for extended periods
- Helps users concentrate on the task at hand without distraction or getting sidetracked
- Improves overall cognitive function, including memory recall and retention ability
Side Effects of Adderal
Some side effects are associated with taking this drug, such as headaches, decreased appetite, nervousness, irritability, and insomnia. Many people also experience dry mouth and high blood pressure when they start taking it though these side effects typically go away after several days or weeks of regular use.
How Much Is Adderal?
One bottle of Adderal X.R. (30 pills) costs $188.00, and each pill contains either 10mg or 20mg of the active ingredient Amphetamine Salts. This product comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee which means you get your money back, no questions asked if you are not satisfied with the results it provides for you. You can also choose to buy discounted 6-month supplies at $825 for 30 pills-a-day dosages or $1175 for 40 pills-a-day dosages, which will give you 180 days and 360 days worth of product, respectively. Shipping is free in the U.S., and international orders come with a flat shipping fee depending on your location.
Developed in Russia, Noopept is a synthetic nootropic that is a potent psychoactive. Due to this, ongoing research is being conducted to tackle its potential effects in people with traumatic brain injury.
Although it claims to fight cognitive decline due to its protective effects, scientific studies have not proven it on healthy people.
Noopept's availability depends on the jurisdiction. In Russia, you can gain access without any prescription, while in the United States, the supplement is not available for over-the-counter purchases.
Benefits of Noopept
- Improves memory and retention
- Increases mental energy, motivation, and productivity
- Enhances focus, sensory perception, and overall cognition
- Decreases anxiety levels in some users without causing sedation or fatigue. It can be taken in the morning or the evening for this effect.
Side Effects of Noopept
Noopept has a very low level of side effects which is rare when it comes to nootropics. Some users have reported mild headaches when they first start taking this drug, but these usually disappear after about a week. There are also reports of mild nausea at high doses (more than 30mg), dizziness, and irritability with higher dosages, but these effects are rare.
How Much is Noopept?
The most common dosage for Noopept is 10mg, and it can be purchased in capsules or bulk powder form. You can buy Noopept capsules (30 counts) from Nootropics Depot for $16, making each pill cost about $0.53. If you prefer to buy the bulk powder instead, 100g of Noopept costs $26 from the same retailer.
Piracetam is a nootropic sold as a dietary supplement in the U.S. and a prescription drug for treating myoclonus or jerking spasms in the U.K. While it is sold as a medicine in Europe, it is not prescribed for nootropic purposes.
Aside from myoclonus, it treats other health conditions like depression, seizures, and dementia. This is due to its modification of the neurotransmitter function, thereby slowing down the nervous system. It's also known for helping with social anxiety.
Benefits of Piracetam
- Improves memory and learning performance
- Increases the speed of thought and enhances creativity
- Can improve alertness and lower anxiety levels
- Prevents brain damage by increasing blood flow to the brain cells and protecting them from oxygen starvation.
Side Effects of Piracetam
Piracetam is generally very well tolerated, but several side effects may occur. These include sleepiness, headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, fatigue, irritability, agitation, lethargy, tremors, muscle, weakness, skin rashes, allergic skin reactions (itching, swelling, hives), sedation, upset stomach, slurred speech, unsteadiness, balance problems, memory loss, anxiety, depression, restlessness, confusion, irregular or rapid heartbeat, and high blood.
How Much is Piracetam?
Piracetam is a very affordable drug with several benefits for the user. It can be purchased from online retailers in bulk powder or pill form at reasonable prices. For example, you can purchase 100g of Piracetam from Nootropics Depot for $16.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Cognitive Enhancers
If you're still having a hard time choosing the top nootropics, here are some things you need to consider:
- Ingredients - To get the optimal cognitive performance, you must check the ingredients that will most likely give you the greatest benefits. Look for nootropics whose ingredients are supported by clinical evidence.
- Stimulants - One of the best stimulants you can easily access is caffeine, which gives you focus and brain energy to jumpstart your day. Caffeine and L-Theanine are often combined to achieve focus during demanding tasks. However, these often make people jittery and experience crashes afterward. To avoid this, you must choose the highest-quality nootropics that will give you sustained energy without crashing.
- Product Guarantee - Since you will never know which nootropic suits your body's chemistry without trying it out, it is important to check products with a money-back guarantee. This allows you to try out the smart pill that works for you without worrying about the cost.
- Price - The cognitive-enhancing benefits are not enough if the price is too high. Do note that low-priced-nootropics may give you the least benefits, while those on the high range may not automatically guarantee top-tier effects. Considering this, you must know the right combination of a reasonable price and a good nootropic.
What Are Nootropics And How Do They Work?
Before we dig into how these super drugs work, let's first define nootropic. Nootropics are neuroenhancers that support brain health and cognitive function, enhance mental alertness, and even decrease anxiety.
Nootropics can be classified into broad categories: natural or synthetic.
- Natural nootropics. This type of nootropic consists of all-natural and herbal ingredients proven to improve mental performance while enhancing overall brain health. This includes the amino acids, herbs, B vitamins (i.e., Vitamin B12), and plant extracts that have been studied to improve cognition. Examples are Ginkgo Biloba, Rhodiola Rosea, and Lion's mane mushroom.
- Synthetic smart drugs. These nootropics are lab-created compounds that have the most powerful nootropic effects on mental skills. Compared to natural brain enhancers, these best nootropic supplements are primarily used by doctors to treat mental health conditions.
Nootropics enhance six pathways of our brain:
- Brain Energy - enhances the metabolic activity of mitochondria and increases cerebral uptake of oxygen and nutrients.
- Brain Chemicals - optimizes neurotransmitters by promoting synthesis and enhancing receptor sensitivity.
- Cerebral Blood Flow - supports cerebral circulation to improve the delivery of nutrients to the brain.
- Brain Waves - optimizes Alpha brain waves to promote alertness.
- Neuroprotection - clears neutropics and protects the brain cells from the negative effects of stress.
- Brain Regeneration - supports neuroregeneration by maintaining brain cell membrane plasticity.
Side Effects Of Taking Nootropics
Despite their safe cognition-boosting benefits, nootropic supplements also pose some risks.
While some side effects are mild, you must still be aware of the risks, even those of high-quality smart drugs.
Since we have different body chemistry, these nootropic supplements may have other interactions with our bodies.
Some of the common side effects are:
- Stomach aches
Be mindful of your nootropics consumption, especially if you have a pre-existing medical condition or are taking other medications that may cause unexpected interactions in your body. It is important to consult your doctor first. If you're new to this whole topic, read our best nootropics for beginners guide first!
So, what is the best nootropics supplement on the market?
The list of brain-enhancing supplements above is just a few of the growing numbers of nootropics in the market. Despite knowing the better smart drugs among the rest, note that research on nootropics is still young and, thus, does not provide extensive conclusions on its efficacy.
If you want to look for the best nootropic supplements that work for you, then you can use this review as a guide, but not as an ultimate deciding factor.
It is also important to consider using nootropic substances responsibly with all the necessary precautions taken into consideration, such as consulting an expert before beginning any type of treatment regimen.
Moreover, this nootropics review doesn't provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment for your health condition. Before deciding on taking these nootropic supplements, seek first the advice of your physician.